theatre & stage equipment and technology
After Mr Franz Tüchler founded the company in the 70ies, it was concerned with supplying fire-proof textiles to Austrian theatres, opera houses, multifunctional halls etc, partly on a wholesale, partly on a retail basis. In 1984 Gunter Lach, a textile chemist, took over the company with its staff of four. As they were already well-known in their branch of trade, the company name of Tüchler was kept.
We focus on continually improving our customer and delivery services for a steadily growing clientele in Austria while also successfully launching our products in other European countries - and this has boosted the company into a remarkable upwards trend.
After little more than one year the shop in Neustiftgasse (near the Volkstheater) was already getting too small and the company was forced to move. However, the new premises – about five times the size of the old and also in Neustiftgasse (near Neubaugasse) – was bursting its seams after another two years! Therefore, in 1988 the company again relocated, this time to Abelegasse in the 16th district of Vienna. This 700m²-building housed Tüchler LTD for six years – after which, again, it was getting too small despite rebuilding efforts and the addition of several annexes.
In 2001 today’s premises were newly constructed in Rennbahnweg 78, 1220 Vienna, with approx. 700m² of office space and 2000m² of storage and production space (link to our workshops)
Subsidiaries founded in the Czech Republic in 1998 and in Germany in 2003 represent further milestones in our customer-oriented market development. Today, Tüchler supplies far more than 1,000 clients in Austria and several European and Asian countries and has a staff of about 40.